Welcome to the water-skiing branch of the "Peninsula Ski Club of Virginia." The purpose of this branch is to gather water sports enthusiasts so that we can:
- Share experiences and fun
- Leverage shared knowledge to improve capabilities
- Leverage club participation to experience different boats/equipment
- Work to establish a slalom ski course for club use (coming soon)
- Host occasional grassroots events such as a fun tournament and/or ski clinic
We are currently working with the Coast Guard and DGIF to install a slalom course on Chickahominy Lake (just up-river of Walker's Dam, in that cove on the south side). In the meantime, open water skiing on the upper Chickahominy River is not bad, especially on weekday evenings/mornings. Additionally, we have unofficial approval from the Chesapeake Parks and Recreation folks to use Oak Grove lake for one-time events.
In other news, we have established relationships with the nearby VA Beach Adaptive Watersports club. Terrific club that has a lot of experience and a very worthy mission.
Finally, due to the nature of club affiliation costs, I plan to affiliate the club in the spring with the American Water Ski Association.
If you have interest in participating, drop me a line at:
Also, please be sure to indicate your interest in water skiing under the members interest section.