This article is directed specifically to PSC members with a family (as opposed to individual) membership.
As most members should be aware, the PSC website requires distinct usernames and passwords for each adult member in a family membership. If you were already a member as of March 29, 2017, these credentials were issued to you by email when the website went "live" on that date. You would have subsequently been required to change your password to something of your choosing the first time you logged in.
If you joined the club since March 29, 2017, you would have set up your username and password as part of the initial registration process. In a number of cases, we have also reset passwords for members who missed the initial email or forgot their passwords and/or usernames.
Presumably all members now know their usernames and passwords; if not, please contact the Membership Chair or Webmaster for a password reset.
That was all background. Now to the main point of this article:
Several of our members have run into problems logging in when they share a computer and web browser with their spouse/partner. The issue arises when one member has selected the "Remember me on this computer" checkbox when they logged in to the website. This prevents the other member from ever logging in under his or her own account because whenever they attempt to login, the web browser automatically supplies the username and password for the first member.
The fix for this is as follows:
- The member who saved his/her login information should login to the website (peninsulaskiclub.com). If their information has in fact been saved, the login should happen automatically without having to enter a username or password.
- Go to the member's Profile page, accessible via the drop-down menu associated with the member's name at the upper right of the page.
- Under the Website section on the Profile page, select the "User Name / Password" link.
- Enter the member's existing password (or change it if desired) in the "Password" and "Confirm Password" boxes.
- Deselect the "Remember me on this computer" checkbox. This is the crucial step.
- Click on the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
Henceforth both members will be able to login under their own accounts, but each will have to enter their username and password each time they return to the site.