Ski Club Pro
The Peninsula Ski Club of Virginia is the premiere winter ski and snowboard club of southeastern Virginia, founded in 1966 in Newport News, Virginia. The club draws its members from the wider Hampton Roads and Coastal Virginia region and beyond, having a long history of providing memorable ski experiences to destinations far and wide in the capable hands of seasoned trip captains. The 2020 slate includes Hakuba, Japan; Winter Park, Colo; Snowshoe, W. Va.; Big White, BC, Canada; and Mt. Snow, Vt., as well as short notice trips throughout the season.
The club is in search of an experienced, knowledgeable ski professional who is passionate about skiing, and who will serve as an advisor, coach, instructor, and club representative. This is a volunteer position, with the proviso that the pro may offer private coaching and group lessons to members at a predetermined schedule and rate.*
Duties of the position:
The Club Pro...
- Acts as an official consultant to members on techniques, racing, equipment, safety, and forms of skiing.
- Adds to online content by blogging on ski techniques and topics.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead club members in a variety of terrain, weather, and snow quality.
- Represents the club to promote membership and participation in winter sports activities.
- Is an active member of the ski club: attends a minimum of 5 general meetings held between Sept. and May.
- May contribute program content at club meetings between September and May.
- Demonstrated credibility and expertise through recognized professional certification and training.
- PSIA/AASI certified.
- Considerable knowledge of ski techniques, equipment, safety, and forms of skiing.
- Considerable experience delivering instruction, modeling, educating, and coaching others on ski techniques and equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skill.
- Annual membership fee waived.
- Limited liability insurance coverage.
Provide a cover letter, professional resume including ski certifications and experience, and three letters of reference (from non-family members) by December 1,2019 to:
Peninsula Ski Club of Virginia
Attn: Dorrie Thompson, President
P.O. Box 12114
Newport News, VA 23612
*The Club Pro is a self-employed independent contractor. Instructional payment will be processed by the Peninsula Ski Club of Virginia, Inc. The Club will charge an administrative fee of 12% for accounting, payment processing, and tax filing purposes.