Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Sunday River, Maine - BRSC Winterfest
Mar. 2–9, 2019
Calling all Skiers and Snowboarders: The Peninsula Ski Club will be joining other clubs from the Blue Ridge Ski Council to bring you a fun-filled trip to one of the Northeast's premier ski resorts!
Spread across 870 acres on eight interconnected peaks, Sunday River is the third largest ski area in New England, with 135 trails, 15 lifts, and 95% snowmaking coverage. And now if you own an Ikon Pass, you'll save the price of a separate lift ticket.
BRSC's annual Winterfest trip complements the Council's popular Western Carnival and Eurofest trips, leveraging the buying power of multiple clubs to secure great deals on lifts and lodging. Plus you'll have ample opportunity to meet, mingle, swap tales, and ski with members of other clubs in our region—always a good time!
We'll be staying slopeside at the Grand Summit Hotel with easy access to a variety of terrain from the Starburst and White Cap lifts.
Sunday River is a long way from Hampton Roads, so we have a few different options for getting there. Participants can either PYOT (Provide Your Own Transportation) or ride the BRSC bus from the Baltimore area. As an option, those choosing the bus can break up the trip on either or both ends with an overnight stay in the Hampton Inn (or similar hotel) convenient to the bus pick-up point on the north side of Baltimore.
PSC's estimated package price of $1,032 includes:
- Roundtrip BRSC motor coach between Baltimore and Sunday River
- 4 days skiing (M-Th)
- Council ski & snowboard "just for fun" race
- 5 nights lodging at the Grand Summit Hotel, double occupancy
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- BRSC parties: Mon. welcome reception, Weds. après race reception, Thurs. farewell reception
The bus will depart from Sunday River on the morning of March 8 for the return trip. If you're not riding the bus, you can add a 5th day of skiing (Fri.) for just $46.
Deduct $185 for non-skiers or Ikon passholders, and $211 if you PYOT. Add $309 for a single occupancy room in the Grand Summit and $72/night for double occupancy at the Hampton Inn outside of Baltimore.
$25 discount for sign-ups by Sept. 30, 2018.
For complete pricing and additional details, see the Sunday River 2019 trip flyer
Saturday, March 2, 2019 to Saturday, March 9, 2019
Dorrie Thompson - Sunday River 2019
is required before January 28, 2019
You must be a member of the Peninsula Ski Club or another BRSC-affiliated club to sign up for this trip.
Prices are good-faith estimates and subject to change.
Payments for ski trips are subject to the following cancellation fees: (1) $5 for trips priced at $100 or less;
(2) for trips priced over $100, (a) $25 if cancelled up to the date of the September meeting, or (b) $50 if cancelled after the September meeting date and before the stated refund cutoff date for the trip, or (c) if cancelled after the stated refund cutoff date, the greater of (i) the club's unrecoverable costs or (ii) $50;
(3) individual trips may establish higher cancellation fees which will be noted in marketing materials for the trip;
(4) certain items purchased in conjunction with trips (e.g., season or multi-resort passes) may be non-refundable regardless of the cancellation date.
(Click the down-arrow to the left of the activity/item to view the details)
Base Package - Lodging and Receptions
Overnight Hotel In Baltimore Area
Lift Ticket - 4 Days (M-Th)
Lift Ticket Upgrade - 5th Day (F)
Single Supplement - Lodging